Artist of the Week: Tonye Christopher

Emerging from the Bermuda Triangle of John Mayer Rock, Timberlake Pop, and Kanye West Hip-Hop is Tonye Christopher. With his soaring guitar licks, infectious melodies, and heart thumping rhythms he is sure to keep you coming back for more.

With his latest release 'I Dreamt I Was A Rockstar' hitting web stores April 2009, Tonye proves to be an ever evolving artist. After five years of touring the Midwest and receiving praises from critically acclaimed singer/songwriter Josh Kelley in 2007, Tonye's sophomore album is finally ready to debut. 'I Dreamt I Was A Rockstar', released in early April 2009, mixes a futuristic R&B sound with elements of pop, rock, and folk. The collection of songs is a pop album fueled by pop culture. “Every song on the album is inspired by something, someone, or somewhere that you hear being talked about in celebrity gossip blogs; and how I felt it related to me.”

Tonye is also releasing a John Mayer cover album this April, “Under Covers With John Mayer.” The album will feature songs such as Gravity, Daughters, Waiting On The World To Change, and many more. It is being distributed with 'I Dreamt I Was A Rockstar' as a dual album.

Look for Tonye Christopher on the web at www.TonyeChristopher.com



You think you got what it takes to become ARTIST OF THE WEEK? Send us a mail at vokalblog@gmail.com and who knows, you might be picked as well!

0 reacties: